Unregistered

Arrange By Name function not working properly in Column View in Mac OS X Lion

I am a Mac user who is using OS X 10.7 Lion. I am facing a problem with column view. Finder is not allowing me to sort the files and folders in alphabetical order. I am 100% sure that all settings are correct.What should I do?

Support Array

Re: Arrange By Name function not working properly in Column View in Mac OS X Lion

You can use two methods of arranging files and folders in Mac OS X Lion. They are :Sort by and Arrange By.Arrange by group files and folders into categories based on their file types.You can also use the parameters like arrange by date, Application,size etc while sort by method arranges the files and folders in particular order. If you are facing any issue then first of all Arrange your file by kind and then sort by date .After that arrange them by Name. After the completion of these steps, sort these files according to Name. If you are not comfortable with the above mentioned methods then follow the step by step guide for doing the same.
    • First of all Open the Finder window and select view>>as column
    • After that navigate to View>>Arrange By>>Kind.Hold down the Option key and move to View>>Sort By>>Date Added.
    • Release the Option key and navigate to View>>Arrange By>>Name.
    • Finally, you need to use sort By Name so go to view>>Arrange By>>None and then Hold the option key and move to view>>Sort By>>Name

Mac Array

Re: Arrange By Name function not working properly in Column View in Mac OS X Lion

================================================== ================================================== ==

It is due to system file not working properly,so you can restart the system for proper working.

:: First close all windows.

:: Then allowing the restart the Mac system.

:: After restart the MAC, then again arrange the name ,and for that open the Finder window in to Mac OS X.

:: Once the Finder window is open then you have to select the “Views” option and then you can see as column.

================================================== ================================================== ==

+ Reply to Thread