KennyBee51 Array

Attachments won't open in Yahoo mail on Mac

As of about a week ago .pdf and .docx attachments would no longer open in Yahoo mail. This seems to be a common problem but I have not been able to find a solution appropriate to my situation.
    I have tried opening the attachments from both Safari and Firefox, in both Adobe Reader and Preview. Nothing works. When I click or double click on the attachment icon, nothing happens. When I click on the "Save" under the icon, a drop-down says "Save to my computer", but clicking on this produces nothing. I try to find the downloads from inside Preview and Adobe Reader, but they are not to be found. Likewise when I do a Find in the Finder.
    I am running Mac OS 10.8.4, Firefox 23.0.1, Safari 6.0.5, Adobe Reader 11.0.3, and Preview 6.0.1. All are up to date.

KennyBee51 Array

Re: Attachments won't open in Yahoo mail on Mac

I figured out a workaround. I don't think this is how it's supposed to work, but...
    1. Log out of email and log back in.
    2. Open the particular email message and double-click on the attachment icon.
    3. Now, at last, the attachment will be in your Downloads folder. Open the Downloads folder and you'll be able to open the attachment.
    4. Alternately, you can open the software in which you intend to view the attachment; it will now open the attachment from the Downloads folder.

Support Array

Re: Attachments won't open in Yahoo mail on Mac

That's good one Kenny
    Support,
    Community Manager.

+ Reply to Thread