Unregistered

CD got stuck in Mac, Is it possible to force eject it?

By mistake I have loaded up a CD which was little wrapped in my Mac and now I am unable to eject it no matter what I try. So can you tell me what can I do to get it out? Is that possible? is there any force eject option available to do that? I am quite new to Mac so kindly provide me the details.

mahesh Array

Re: CD got stuck in Mac, Is it possible to force eject it?

Hi friend,
    There are many ways from which you can eject CD from MAC system.

1. Restart the system holding the left button of your mouse.
    2. If your keyboard has eject button then restart by holding the eject button this time.
    3. Open a terminal window and type drutil tray eject.

If the above three not works you can call help desk number : (608) 264-help(4357).

samerjeet singh Array

It is not possible to take out stuck cd from mac. If you want to do this than you have to take out your cd or dvd writer out from your mac than you have to take out stuck dvd and put it agin care fully inside it best of luck keep smiling

Samuel Array

Dear Friend..

There is no such option is available for eject a CD but you need to open your CD Drive manually at your home and open the internal parts of your writer.
    Remove all its components careful and take your CD from there,
    Now clean-up the writer lens as well and keep arrange all the parts as same as earlier.

If you unable to do this, then take help from a technician.

Thank you..

saicharan Array

Hello friend,

I have the solution for your problem just do as i say..........

1.Firstly try to press 'eject'.

2.If it do not work and you are using the 'virtual machine' make sure that you are disconnected from Virtual machine.

3.Try to restart your Mac so it may help you to solve your problem.

4.Then another method is firstly 'toast titanium' must be installed in your Mac. Then you make a click on menubar and click 'Eject Disc'.

5.Try to close all the applications running on your mac and try to eject normally.

I hope it will help you to solve your problem.

Have a nice day...

Bittoo Array

Dear Friend..

First of all i wanna tel you that never ever insert a wrapped or scratched CD in CD or DVD Drive and if you do this, the lens of the writer could be damaged.

Coming to the problem, there is no such option to eject the disc forcefully but yes, you can open the whole drive manually.
    You can take the help of a mini screw driver, open all its screw, take out the disc and keep the writer same as earlier.

Thank you..

Mr.HB Array

1. First try the normal methods to remove the disc. Drag its icon to the Trash can in the Dock or select 'Eject' from the File menu.
    2. If you are running a virtual machine, e.g. VMFusion, ensure that the CD is disconnected from the virtual machine. This will sometimes allow the CD to now show up in Mac OS X.
    3. If you have Toast Titanium installed on your computer, choose EJECT DISC from the menubar.
    4. Sometimes you can successfully use the eject disc button in iTunes even if the disc is not visible to the Finder.
    5. Try mounted device ejector tools like CleanGenius or Disk Ejector to get the disc out.
    Open Disk Utility and choose the disc you wish to eject in the left-hand pane, then click on the Eject button.

+ Reply to Thread