Unregistered

Communication error when trying to use Canon MP560 Wireless printer

\I have connected my Mac with the Wireless printer Canon MP560 and when I try to use it I get the error message as “A Communication error has occurred”. What does it mean? What should I do for fixing the problem and make the printer work? Please give me the information soon as possible as currently am not using the printer at all.

Unregistered

Re: Communication error when trying to use Canon MP560 Wireless printer

I too, had been having the "communications error" with MAC and a Canon MG6250. After much frustration, I discovered that the culprit is the wireless router configuration.

With my router, by default its DHCP server function automatically allocates an IP address to each device that connects to the router. When a device disconnects its "lease" on that IP address expires and it may not necessarily get the same IP address next time it connects, especially if other devices are routinely being connected and disconnected.

I changed the settings to give the printer a permanent lease of an IP address and the problem was solved.

You will need to consult the user manual on how to make the setting change for your particular make and model.

Samuel Array

Dear Friend...

Communication error simply means that for communicating your MacBook device with your printer, you don't have sufficient drivers and software's in your device in order to giving command to that printer.
    You required sufficient drivers and software's of that printer so that you can use your printer.

The only solution for this is you got a CD with your printer which have all the drivers. Just insert that CD in your MacBook disc drive, copy all the drivers in your hard disk and eject the disc now.
    Once the drivers has been copied, start installation process thoroughly and if you face any issue, then follow your manual guide.

Once the installation has been finished, plug in all the cables and wires and find your device, once it is shown in your MacBook, it is connected now.

Hope I help you
    Thank You...

Mac Array

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communication problem between the device is generally due to the below reason:-

1. Connecting cable between the printer and the device is loose.

2. Wireless connectivity is not configure.

3. May be the wireless is not working properly.

So you can resolve by:-

1. Configure the connectivity of printer like on the printer.

2. Try to restart the both the device.

3. Remove and again pair the wireless printer with Mac.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

abhinandan Array

Hello***********
    Dear person***********
    ++++++++++++Try these steps for this issue++++++++

********First off all Make sure that your printer connected with system correctly.

********Check Printer driver software compatibility with mac system.

********Download Canon MP560 Printer driver software from the net with compatible.

********Now open Device Manager, and than find the Canon MP560 Printer under the

********Right click on Canon
    MP560 Printer and than click on Update Driver Software.

********After following few steps Printer driver software will install.

+ Reply to Thread