Unregistered

Creating a Admin user in Macbook Pro

I want to create a new Admin user with the same installed programs which I had before but some settings need to be changed for which I need the new Admin user account so that I can give my Macbook Pro to my friend to use it. I tried creating new one but it just goes to the desktop and none of the programs shows up. Is there anyway I can create a new one with the previous program already there? Can you please give me the solution for this?

Support Array

Re: Creating a Admin user in Macbook Pro

Yes, it is possible to do that where you need to follow few steps which need to be done and hopefully it should work without any issues for your case. Follow the steps as given below,

STEP 1: Now search for the applications folder which will be located in Users/yourusername/Applications.

STEP 2: Just move the whole applications folder to the root level (/) where the Users folder is. You can drag and drop it to the root.

STEP 3: Once that is done -> Create the new admin as you did before.

STEP 4: Boot now from the new admin user and delete the old one which should hold all your previous programs things and settings with the new account.

If you want to make it more easier where you are looking for just to change of name in the Admin user then go ahead and do that from System preferences to change the name of the user account.

Mac Array

Re: Creating a Admin user in Macbook Pro

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

:: It is very simple.

:: First open the users and then your-username.

:: Then locate the application.

:: Now go to the root folder and then open the users folder.

:: Now create the new admin OK.

:: Then restart system OK.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++

+ Reply to Thread