Unregistered

Deleted application trying to launch up again and again in my Mac Mountain Lion

Facing this issue for quite a long time now, whenever I try to check with the logs I can see that the application which I deleted before is trying to launch by itself again and again. The application is named as com.reachmyfile.desktopsoftware. What should I do now for removing it completely in my Mac?

Support Array

Re: Deleted application trying to launch up again and again in my Mac Mountain Lion

This issue might come up in your Mac if the application is not properly removed from your Mac. So now there is some workaround which can be followed to make sure that it is removed completely from your Mac,

STEP 1: Open the Finder window in your Mac.

STEP 2: Move to the folder listed as /Library/LaunchAgents, /Library/LaunchDaemons/, /System/Library/LaunchAgents/, /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/, ~/Library/LaunchAgents/

STEP 3: Search for the file which is named as com.reachmyfile.desktopsoftware.plist and delete it.

STEP 4: Restart your Mac once and now you can see that it will not show in the log.

Mac Array

Re: Deleted application trying to launch up again and again in my Mac Mountain Lion

Steps to follow for deleting the apps file:

:: Go to the desktop.

:: Than launch the Finder.

:: Under it navigate the "System/Library/LaunchAgents".

:: Under it locate the com.reachmyfile.desktopsoftware.plist and remove it.

:: Now allow the system to restart.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

arunwillbe1 Array

Hi friend,

This is because you not follow the delete process.When ever you want to delete the application first of all uninstall the application and go for deletion.

+++ Instructions to delete the application permanently from mountain lion :

1. Tap the mac main menu.

2. Now find and tap the control panel option.

3. In control panel you will see the different options.Among this tap the uninstall a program option.

4. Now list of installed applications will visible.So,find and select the application which you want to delete.

5. Now tap the uninstall option and after uninstall restart the system.

6. After uninstall locate the application main file where it located.

7. After uninstall select and tap the options.

8. In options you will see the delete option.So,tap this.

After deleting once restart the mac.Now your reappear problem won't raise again.

Thank you....................

+ Reply to Thread