Unregistered

Do I have to format my Mac completely to upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion?

I am just planning to go for the upgrade of the latest Mountain Lion in top of my Lion OS, so my first question is will it worth to spend some $ for that upgrade? Is there any new features which is really good in Mountain Lion? Can you please tell me if I have to format my Mac completely to upgrade to the latest Mountain Lion OS? What steps to follow?

Dark knight Array

Re: Do I have to format my Mac completely to upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion?

Hello .. Yes it is Mandatory to Format your Mac completely to install the OS. because you cannot upgrade from lion to Mountain Lion. Before the installation of the Mountain lion you need to format the Lion. Insert the New mountain Lion OS disc and restart your mac. Press any key to boot from CD / DVD select the Drive you want to install the OS and Format the previous version of the OS. wait till the formatting and installation process is completed . fill in the required fields and your Installation process is successfully completed . Thank you all...

katrina Array

Re: Do I have to format my Mac completely to upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion?

Dear User .....

I will solve your problem into some easy steps ...So you just see my steps ....
    Let's have a look ....

So first of all go and turn on your device and then go to the home screen and then just Insert the new Mountain OS CD in your disc drive....And then just Restart your MacBook and then you got the boot option, press any key..Now just choose hard drive where you want to install OS...After that just format the previously installed OS from your disk..And then just the file of Mountain OS start copying in that drive and once the file copied, the OS installation will begin..Now at the end just fill all the details as it ask during installation...And then your device re-star again and the Mac OS has been installed....ALL Done .....

Hope you like that information ....
    Thank you ....

ankit60 Array

Well dear yes you have to format your mac for installation of new os.without doing this it is not possible.you should follow these steps to do this.
    <>first of all insert the new Mountain OS CD in your disc drive then Restart your MacBook.
    <>then you will get the boot option press any key and choose
    hard drive where you want to install
    OS.
    <> Now you have to format the previously installed OS
    from your mac.
    <> After that the OS installation will
    start.
    <>provide all the
    details as it ask
    during installation. After that resart your macbook and
    Mac OS has
    been installed.
    Thank you

saicharan Array

Hello Friend,

I have the solution for your problem just do as i say...........

1.You don't worry by upgrading your version of Mac OS you do not need to format your whole Mac.

2.While installing you select only the drive having previous OS.

3.Then it will delete all the previous OS files.

4.Then the new OS files will be installed freshly.

5.You cannot lose the data present in other drives.

I hope by doing as i said you can solve your problem.

All the best...............

ozvert Array

Hello dear.............

For upgrading you need not to format your previous OS....
    So, that your new OS gets some settings from the old one...
    If you want to install a fresh copy then you need to choose custom installation option...
    Soo, that you can remove your old OS and the bugs in it completely.....

Hope you may understand........

Shibbu Array

Hello Guest...

For installing or upgrading any new OS, in PC, Laptop, MacBook or any other device, you need to format the previously installed OS, then only you can install the new OS.

Well, I don't think that there is some loss to upgrade the OS to latest Mountain OS, so you can spend money on this without any doubt.

The new Mountain OS have some exciting features like it has high resolution, wireless mirroring, auto-face detection, HDMI support and new way of mailing and internet.

Steps:-

1. Insert the new Mountain OS CD in your disc drive.
    2. Restart your MacBook.
    3. When you got the boot option, press any key,
    4. Now choose hard drive where you want to install OS.
    5. Now format the previously installed OS from your disk
    6. After that, the file of Mountain OS start copying in that drive,
    7. Once the file copied, the OS installation will begin,
    8. Fill all the details as it ask during installation.
    9. At last, your device re-star again and the Mac OS has been installed,

Hope I help you,
    Thank you..

Bittoo Array

Dear Friend..

For installing any OS, you need to format the previously installed OS in MacBook.
    Because upgradation of Mountain Lion OS is not possible without formatting the earlier one and there is also no update available on Apple website to upgrade this.

So for installing the fresh version of Mountain Lion, you have to formate your Mac completely and for doing this, you need to buy a pack of Mountain Lion OS from the Apple store and then install in your Mac.

The cost of the OS CD is around Rs. 15000/- and which would be genuine forever and have all the features as compare to duplicate one.

That's it.
    Thank you..

ankit60 Array

Well dear yes you have to format your mac for installation of new os.without doing this it is not possible.you should follow these steps to do this.
    <>first of all insert the new Mountain OS CD in your disc drive then Restart your MacBook.
    <>then you will get the boot option press any key and choose
    hard drive where you want to install
    OS.
    <> Now you have to format the previously installed OS
    from your mac.
    <> After that the OS installation will
    start.
    <>provide all the
    details as it ask
    during installation. After that restart your macbook and
    Mac OS has
    been installed.