Unregistered

Epson Printer failed error in Mac

I have connected my Epson TX420W all in one printer with me and now there is a issue with it where whenever I try to print it just gives the Filter failed error message. What should I do? and sometimes it shows the error message as “Looking up printer” and doesn’t proceed at all. Any fix for this problem?

Support Array

Re: Epson Printer failed error in Mac

It looks like there is no major problem with your Epson printer, just try to follow the given points to debug and check if things work fine without any issues

-> Make sure that the drivers which you have installed for your Epson printer is up to date and it’s working properly. If not try to update it and restart your Mac once and check by printing again.

-> Just unplug your Epson printer once from Mac and then reconnect it which might solve the issue sometime as there can be some temporary mismatched errors showing up.

-> Try queuing 2-3 jobs at the same time and wait for 15-30 mins which might be some time for processing the printing pool. So wait for sometime and if it’s not responding just close the process unplug your printer and fix it back again.

-> Go to System Preferences -> Printers option and delete the Epson printer from the list and recreate it by giving the printer details as there might be some configuration mismatch.

If none of the above helped then it’s better to call the printer Engineer to your home and check if things are proper with it as there maybe some hardware issues with it.

Dark knight Array

Hi hello...

When the Epson printer failed error in Mac then you need to follow the steps suggested below

as follows:

Make sure that there is no error in the drivers which supports the printer .

and if any overcome those errors and update the drivers.

check whether there is any damage in the cable of the printer ,

and unplug the printer once and reconnect it once again ,

restart your device , give the print of any copy and check it out.

if still the problem persists then its better to replace your printer or repair it.

and you can also check in the system preferences and reinstall the Epson

printer software manually , and fix if any hardware issues .

Thank you all.......

Mac Array

================================================== ================================================== =============

Troubleshoot:

=) First you need to check the printer whether is connecting properly to the system or not.

=) Check the paper and ink is under the printer device or not.

=) Try to add again the printer device and for that open the preference tap and search the Epson printer under the printer option. Now try to delete and then add the printer
    again.

=) Then try to restart the Mac system and then Check it is working or not

Done

================================================== ================================================== ================

mahhiads Array

Hello Friend,

Just Follow Some Steps Are :

>> Firstly Uninstalled The Driver Of The Printer Than Restart The System
    >> After That Installed The Driver Re-Installed In The System And Once Again Restart The System
    >> Than Check All The Cables Are Plugged Correctly From Printer To PC
    >> Than Check Your Printer Is ON And Papers Also Insert In The Printer
    >> Than Give The Print Instruction To Printer Than They Work Successfully.

I Hope That Info Is Usefully

katrina Array

Dear User .....

I will solve your problem into some easy steps...So just see my steps ....
    Let'a have a look.....

So first of all go and turn your device and then just go to the home screen and then go and check the printer whether is connecting properly to the system or not....After that just try to add again the printer device and for that open the preference tap and search the Epson printer under the printer option. Now try to delete and then add the printer..Now at the end just try to restart the Mac system and then Check it is working or not....All Done .....

Hope that info. help's you .....
    Thank you ....

vetdoc.01 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have connected my Epson TX420W all in one printer with me and now there is a issue with it where whenever I try to print it just gives the Filter failed error message. What should I do? and sometimes it shows the error message as “Looking up printer” and doesn’t proceed at all. Any fix for this problem?
    You can try and follow these steps to reboot and check if your printer works fine then or you have to call the printer Engineer and check if there is some hardware problems with it.

These are:-

=> First unplug the Epson printer device from Mac and again reconnect it and try checking printing again, the problem might be solved.

=> Check for any wiring defect or damaged printer cable connects the printer if so change the wiring.

=> Check that you have installed updated drivers or there are any errors in the drivers for the Epson printer so that it is working properly. Else update it and restart your Mac again and you can check by printing again that if the problem is solved.

=> You can uninstall the printer connection from your mac and reinstall it in your device and try printing again,this solves if there are any configuration problems and it may be solved. For this Go to System Preferences >> Printers option >> uninstall the Epson printer from the Mac and again reinstall it by giving the printer details as you gave the 1st time during setting it.

=> If nothing helps you have to go for a replacement i guess. But before that contact the engineer he will help you out.

Thanks & regards!!

GD LUCK!!!!

ankit60 Array

Well dear if epson printer is not working then you should follow these steps.
    <>first of all check the connection of the printer to your device.and unplug all the connections and try to reconnect it.
    <>once restart your mac.
    <>now check all the drivers are installed properly.if not then try to reinstall or update them.
    <>if still it is not working then you should replace the printer.
    I think your problem will be solved now.thank you

+ Reply to Thread