Unregistered

External hard drive not getting detected in Mac but in other PCs

Recently got a new 1 Terabyte External hard drive which works fine with the other PCs but when I try to connect it to Mac it doesn’t get recognized at all.

Why it is happening like that? I have Mac in home so I need it to work in Mac for sure. Can you please help me in resolving this issue? Thank you.

Abhishek Mishra Array

Re: External hard drive not getting detected in Mac but in other PCs

bro as you mansiond above that it is showing in some other pc then more is the chance that you have to repair disk permissions using disk utility function in mac OS to do so follow the steps...
    1) Insert external hard disk
    2) open disk utility (you can search for this in finder)
    3) there will be a option to REPAIR DISK PERMISSIONS
    4) click on that repair disk perm. button to repair disk permissions.

if this will not work for u then select the REPAIR DISK option from the same disk utility menu......

saicharan Array

Hello friend,

I have the solution for your problem just do as i say.......

These may be the problem of your software present in your computer to resolve it do as i say.....

1.Firstly connect your external hard disk to your computer.

2.Now you open the Disk utility.

3.There you select the External hard drive and click on 'repair Disk Permissions'.

That's it by doing as i said your computer may detect the external hard disk...

All the best...........

swati Array

Dear User .....

Here i can see your problem that you want to know that how to External hard drive not getting detected in Mac but in other PCs...So i will tell you that how to do it...So i you just see my steps and then follow it ....
    Let's have a look .....

First of all go and on your Mac OS and then Insert external hard disk..And then open disk utility (you can search for this in finder)..Now there will be a option to REPAIR DISK PERMISSIONS..After that click on that repair disk perm. button to repair disk permissions.Now at the end if this will not work for u then select the REPAIR DISK option from the same disk utility menu...
    You are successfully done your issue ....

ALL Done .....
    Hope you like that information ....
    Thank You ....

Dark knight Array

Hi ..

Connect your External hard disk Via USB port . check that your USB port is working properly or not .

if else then connect in the another port .Open the Disk Utility , there you can find the external disk option

select that option and go to Repair Disk permissions , after that click on the Repair button to repair .

if else then you can open system preferences menu , you can find the add or remove hardware option .

connect the hard disk , click on i already connected the device , after the search has been completed then you can

find your External device in the dialog box , select that and press continue ..

Thank you..

bajigopikanth Array

hai frnd..................
    there some of the setting options in the pc are to be changed or it should be checked by the service man.or reboot the pc and install the drivers properly
    because missing of some drivers also cause problem
    GOPI KANTH

Samuel Array

Dear Friend..

Sometimes, those hard disk who have more space, might not supported in Mac but compatible with PC.
    Similarly, the size of the hard disk is 1 TB here and it is too large in space.
    What i suggest you to press the CTRL key after connecting it to the Mac USB and wait until it opens,

If you couldn't succeed in this option, then you can open this from your system preferences menu where you get add or remove hardware option.
    Just connect the hard disk and click on I have already connect the device,
    Few minutes later, you get the hard disk which shows it name in a dialog box,
    Select from there and press OK.

Its done now,
    Thank you..

+ Reply to Thread