Unregistered

Fan rpm is too high in Mac when playing games

I was just curious to test my Mac temperature with the help of Temperature Gauge application and when I was running the Starcraft 2 game I found that the temperature went up to 93 C and the fanís RPM was around 5900 rpm which was in the red side of the bar. Is this problem? Will it going to affect my Mac? What should I do for this issue?

Support Array

Re: Fan rpm is too high in Mac when playing games

The fans in Mac are designed in such way that it will increase and decrease the speed of it according to the CPU usage. So that when the processing is more then the Fan speed will certainly increase.

So in your case the CPU temperature went up to 93 C which is pretty hot and your Mac fan need to increase it’s speed to keep it cooling and going. So there is no problem if the rpm speed goes to the red bar as you are already trying to use your Mac to its peak by playing games like Starcraft 2 which needs more graphics and processing speed.

You don’t have to worry much about this as it’s normal for the fan speed to increase in this case when it needs more processing speed but keep in mind that your Mac Die temperature is around 100-105 C so if it’s going to touch those. Consider uninstalling those games or application completely rather risking your Macs life.

tarungupta_16 Array

Smile Re: Fan rpm is too high in Mac when playing games

========================================

Hi friend,

See a fan is provided in order to throw the heat out of the system.
    There are thousands of instructions that are executing simultaneously while you are playing a game.
    Hence an enormous amount of heat is generated in this process.

If the fans would not have been there,then this would have burnt the system on the spot.
    Hence when the number of instructions being executed increases,the speed of the fan increases as well in order to throw all the excess heat that is being developed in the system.

So,don't worry about this!
    Just enjoy playing your games!
    Bye!

Mac Array

================================================== ================================================== =========

Don't worry friend,

This is due to your system is taking load that's why the fan speed is increased.Because whenever the more GB games is load into the system ,it will take too much power ,hence cause to much heat takes from the system.And for preventing the system from the heat air, we use the fan to cool the system.So more is the load ,more is the heat and more required fan speed to cool the system OK.

So remember the few points to to keep the system from too much load:

=) Do not use the high memory games.

=) Do not use the high graphics games.

=) Try to uninstall the apps which have to take much load.

================================================== ================================================== =========

+ Reply to Thread