Unregistered

Fix for Invalid key length - Volume check failed in Mac

Just got this error message from the Disk Utility which I ran in my Mac “Invalid Key Length - Volume Check Failed. Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit. 1 volume could not be repaired because of an error”. What can be done for this problem? Do I need to replace my whole Mac for this? Give your suggestions.

Support Array

Re: Fix for Invalid key length - Volume check failed in Mac

Replacing your Mac wouldn’t be a best option for this problem as it seems to be a problem with your disk drive which 80% in the hardware side. So it’s better to move all your data from the drive which failed and reformat it and give it a second chance to check if it works.

If use to have time machine backups then straight away you can delete all the contents from the drive and restore them back from Time machine. If that doesn’t help then replacing your hard drive will be better choice rather than your whole Mac itself if it’s under warranty then it should be better too.

Sometime Disk utility might find error sporadic. So better doing the above steps restart your Mac once and then run the Disk Utility check again to see if you are getting the same error. If yes then go ahead with the next steps if not never worry for now.

Mac Array

================================================== ================================================== ===

Dear,this is issue with the hardware so there is not any option to repair with the software,
    but you can check if this below can solve the problem.

follow the steps:

=) First move the disk utility.

=) Then open the hard drive.

=) Now selects the "Repair Disk"

=) And then this will repair the volume problem.

================================================== ==================================

Dark knight Array

Hey Friends.. The Steps you need to follow for fixing the invalid key length are as follows : Try to move all your data from the drive to another drive and format the drive. once restart your device and check the disk utility and even the problem perists it will be better if you replace your hard disk . if warranty is under period then try to claim it . Thank you..

vetdoc.01 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just got this error message from the Disk Utility which I ran in my Mac “Invalid Key Length - Volume Check Failed. Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit. 1 volume could not be repaired because of an error”. What can be done for this problem? Do I need to replace my whole Mac for this? Give your suggestions.
    Hey friend!

Follow the following steps to correct invalid key length:-

Move all your data from the drive which failed and format the drive and do check if it works.
    Delete all the contents from the drive and restore them back from Time machine
    Else replace your hard drive.
    After all the above restart your Mac and then run the Disk Utility.
    Hope the error has gone away.

HAPPY TO HELP!

abhijeet2015 Array

Hi..................,

Suggestions------------>
    * It seems that your mac drive is over loaded.
    * You can use disk clean up to remove unnecessary files.
    * Else you can format your drive.
    * Important data can be located to other drive at the moment.
    * Else you can also take help of back up.

Thanks

katrina Array

Dear User ......

I will solve your problem into some easy steps ......

So first of all go and turn on your device and then just go to the home screen and then click on to the disk utility...After that just open the hard drive...And then just selects the "Repair Disk"..Now at the end just it will repair the volume problem....ALL Done ......

Hope you like that information ......
    ALL Done ......

kalyanipro Array

Hi friend,

The following is the procedure for solving the problem of fix for Invalid key length-volume check failed in Mac.

At first you have to go to home screen.

Then tap on to the disk utility option.

Now press the 'hard drive' option.

There in order to solve the problem of volume,the option of 'repair disk' is to be selected.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread