Unregistered

Fix for Mac Excel 2011 cursor issue

From the day I have updated my Mac to Lion OS I am facing these issues, whenever I open up the Office Excel 2011 in Mac the cursor just shows as a square box with small arrow which will be on the upper left and lower right corners and the last cell which was highlighted will be completely frozen and it won’t take any input even if I type something. Tried closing the excel sheet and opening it up again to check if it will fix the problem but still same issues. Is there any fix for this problem? Please help.

Support Array

Re: Fix for Mac Excel 2011 cursor issue

This is kind of bug which is common in most of the times in Mac Excel 2011 application but I don’t think the issue is creeping in only because of Lion OS update as there might be many other reasons for the same problem, now there is workaround to overcome this problem which might look odd to do but it will certainly help to fix the cursor problem in Mac Excel 2011,

STEP 1: Create a new worksheet in the same Excel workbook which you are facing the cursor problem.
    STEP 2: Now in the new worksheet just click on any cell and give in some input.
    STEP 3: Go back again to your previous worksheet where you had the issue with.
    STEP 4: Just double click when hovering over the select all corner icon which is like a box with triangle in it.
    STEP 5: Check clicking the cells now in the worksheet which should have the proper cursor as before.

Just try to do exactly the same steps to get rid of this issue temporarily as this will be fixed from Mac side when you update the Excel application the next time.

Mac Array

================================================== =================================

Troubleshoot:

:: Try to uninstall the mouse driver.

:: Also try to reinstall the Mac Excel 2011 applications that cause this type problem.

:: Try to update the Mac Excel 2011 and check the issue goes or not.

================================================== ================================================== ===

Unregistered

Creating a new spreadsheet is unnecessary. Instead just click in the upper left-hand cell (just above "1" and just to the left of "A"). This will select all cells. Then click anywhere else in the spreadsheet and your cursor should be back to normal.

Dark knight Array

First of all Create a new Worksheet in the same Excel .

In the new Worksheet Click on any cell and give the input .

And now Go to the previous worksheet where you are facing the problem .

Double click on the Select all Corner icon and check clicking the cells in the worksheet

which would give you the proper cursor .

Or else

Uninstall and reinstall the Office 2011 there after Restart your device .

Thank you...

+ Reply to Thread