Unregistered

Google suggestion which was working in Safari browser stopped working in my Mountain Lion

It is really odd that the google suggestion suddenly stopped working in the search and the address bar in my Safari browser which is the like the latest version 4 in Mountain Lion OS? Is there any way like I can enable it again or so? Can you please help?

Support Array

Re: Google suggestion which was working in Safari browser stopped working in my Mountain Lion

It’s quite not sure how the Google suggestion have stopped working in your automatically the reason might be the particular service got crashed or stopped in between, so it’s better you can go for a restart to see if it’s fixed as the service will be resumed once you restart your Mac if that doesn’t help then probably you need to set the service on to make it properly again. Just follow the steps given below to do it,

STEP 1: Open the terminal with Administrator privileges.
    STEP 2: Now type in the command as “defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4IncludeGoogleSuggest -bool TRUE” and press enter.
    STEP 3: Close the Safari browser and reopen it again, now try to type in the search box or the address box to get the google suggestions back working.

So by following the above steps the Google suggestions must have started working without any issues but still if you are seeing some error or coming across some issues then it just you have to drop in your query or problem with details here in order to get the respecitve fix.

Samuel Array

Re: Google suggestion which was working in Safari browser stopped working in my Mountain Lion

Hello Dear...

There are some other ways through which you can sort this issue.
    What happened some times when you are using a particular browser, software, apps or a windows, it will become very slow day by day and creates problem.
    The cause of these problems are temp and cache files, saving of history, cookies, etc...

The same thing happened with your Safari Browser and Google suggestion.
    You might use this browser so long with Google suggestion and with the continuous usage of this apps, you haven't delete your history and save data in your settings and because of this, the search bar is sometimes gets slow and unresponsive and stuck after a particular period of time.

So my suggestion for you is that, if you enable it again, then you have to delete all the history, cache, cookies and other save data and then try to use the browser.
    Because of this, your browser become more fast and easy and running properly without any trouble.

If you still find the problem after doing this, then you must uninstall the whole browser and re-install the browser with proper internet update.

That's all from my side, hope it works for you...

Thank you..

samerjeet singh Array

Google suggestion is not working in your mountain lion because you dont have apprpiate version of it. So when you open it in your mountain lion than open its setting than click on the option update version than your version is updated than click ok your problem will be solved.

Mac Array

=) Launch the terminal command window so you have to write the title that is “defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4IncludeGoogleSuggest -bool TRUE””

=) Then press the “enter” from the keyboard.

=) After that you can restart the Safari browser on your system.

=) Now check your search option is working or not.

================================================== ==================================================

Dark knight Array

Hello Dear Aspirant.. Firstly open the terminal with log-in as administrator Type in the Command "defaults write com. apple safari Debugsafari4includegooglesuggest-bool True and hit enter. now close the safari . you can now get back google suggestion back . Or You can reinstall the safari browser . Thank you..

katrina Array

Dear User ......

I will solve your problem into some easy steps....

So first of all go and turn on your computer and then go to the home screen and then go and Launch the terminal command window so you have to write the title that is “defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4IncludeGoogleSuggest -bool TRUE””....After that just press the “enter” from the keyboard....And then just you can restart the Safari browser on your system....Now at the end just check your search option is working or not.

ALL the best ......
    Thank you .....

king1 Array

Follow the following steps..................
    first of all launch the terminal command window and there you have to write the title that is 'defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4IncludeGoogleSuggest -bool TRUE'......
    After writing this command press enter......
    After that to start the function immediately restart the browser.........
    Now check the google sugggestion will surly work..........

Abhijeet Array

first of all just go to the home screen

then launch the terminal command window

now write the title " default write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4IncludeGoogleSuggest-bool TRUE "

then press enter

after this restart the safari browser

now the google suggestion will work

+ Reply to Thread