Unregistered

GTA IV failing to install in Mac?

I have got the setup for the GTA IV game and installed it in Mac without any issues but once I tried to start it gave the error as “GTA IV Fatal Error: D3D Error - Shader Model 3.0 higher is required”. What does it mean? Can you please help me to fix this and play GTA IV in my Mac? Thanks.

Bittoo Array

Re: GTA IV failing to install in Mac?

Dear Friend...

The problem is might be related to the graphic card.
    MacBook doesn't have the supported configuration to play this game. All though it has all the in build configuration but it lacks only in terms of Graphic Card.

GTA IV is designed for game lovers and this game can only be played on either Play Station or gaming console machine not on MacBook but if you are still interested to play this game, then you have an alternate for this.

There are so many external Graphic Card are available in the Market which you can use an external out source. You can purchase these external graphic Card from there and it must be around 2 GB. You get 3 yrs warranty on this and it cost you around Rs. 2500 to Rs. 3000/-
    When you purchase it, simply plug in your device and install all its drivers in your MacBook.
    Now re-install the game, confirm the graphic Card option during installation and start playing GTA IV.

Thank you..

arunwillbe1 Array

Re: GTA IV failing to install in Mac?

Hi friend,

You can install the GTA IV game application in your mac system.But follow the below installation steps otherwise it will lead to installation error.

+++ Steps to follow to install the GTA IV game in mac system :

1. First of all turn on the mac system.

2. After turn on download or transfer the GTA IV game to your device.

3. After this locate the application where it got stored.

4. Now double tap on it after locating and wait until the installation process completes.

5. In between the process accept terms and conditions.

6. Finally a new window will pop up with finish option.So,tap the finish option.

After completing once restart the mac system and play the installed GTA IV game.

Thank you...................

+ Reply to Thread