Unregistered

How to get rid of the auto fill personal information in Mac?

My Macbook Pro runs with the latest Mountain Lion and whenever I try to give some personal information like name, address, phone number etc. for online payment it just pops up the auto fill personal information message box the next time when I do the same. I really donít want this to happen. I want to fill in the personal details every time as I am not sure whether these instructions will be hacked saving in that. So kindly give me the steps to get rid of this auto fill option in my Macbook Pro?

lakshmina26 Array

Re: How to get rid of the auto fill personal information in Mac?

Actually different browsers had different options like in chrome : Launching Chrome-->Clear browsing history option , when you're closing-->Then check for the options called 'clear saved passwords' and 'clear saved autofill form data, by the next time it won't show you the data in text box.

For Safari (Because most of them use this) : Launch safari-->Click the menu , it will list like drop down and then select 'Preferences'-->Click Autofill option-->then see next to usernames and passwords, click Edit-->Then check for 'Remove all' and press done-->After this, clear the check box next to usernames and passwords-->Now close the window.

Just try these to clear auto fill data, most of the browsers had same theme but different terminology.

samerjeet singh Array

Re: How to get rid of the auto fill personal information in Mac?

Hello guestwelcome to mac osx forumif your macpro give this error message than it must be due to some error in your setting1 turn off your mac2 again restart it 3 now goto setting via main menu4 click on option of macpro setting5 than goto option of autofill personal information6 off this option 7 click okyour problem will be solvedgood luck..

+ Reply to Thread