Unregistered

How to remove Seagate External Drive icon on Macbook with OS X Snow Leopard?

Once I have connected the seagate external drive to my macbook with os x snow leopard, from then till today the icon of this drive still appears on my desktop. No means helped me to remove this icon from the desktop, I don't know why it is binded to my machine, please help me to remove this permanently.

Whizzbizz Array

Re: How to remove Seagate External Drive icon on Macbook with OS X Snow Leopard?

Delete /System/Library/Extensions/Seagate Storage Driver.kext (Administrator privileges required) All Seagate icons are stored in this file and they seem to overwrite MacOS standard disk icons.

Works fine on my system (MacOS 10.8 with "Paragon NTFS for Mac" (Seagate drives only version) installed).
    No problem in Read/Write on NTFS formatted "Seagate Backup Plus" with this ".kext" removed.
    Disk is now shown with generic MacOS USB drive icon.

Hope you get this after three months... Enjoy!

infosys848 Array

Re: How to remove Seagate External Drive icon on Macbook with OS X Snow Leopard?

Hi,
    For remove the seagate external drive icon in mac do the below things.
    Go to the home screen of the mac by closing the opened files or apps.Now locate the seagate external drive where you seen.
    After locating select it and tap the options for selected icon by tapping the right click on mouse.In options you will see the many options.
    Here find the remove or delete option.After find single tap on it.After tapping it will ask conformation to delete the icon.
    So,tap the ok option to conform the delete process.So,tap the ok and delete the seagate external drive icon from macbook os x.
    After deleting restart the macbook os x and check the icon deleted or not.

abhijeet2015 Array

Hi............,

System creates a short cut icon when you install something new.
    Even you had permitted to do so, which you may be ignore of.
    When you press on Accept all conditions you simply allow them to create icon.

So move that icon to the thrash if not in use.
    Make sure that your software is up to date.
    Use fast net connection to update.

Thanks

saicharan Array

Hello friend,

I have the solution for your problem just do as i say................

1.Firstly you go to the home screen.

2.There at the bottom you can see the External Hard disk pic.

3.make a click on that icon.

4.Then you click on the option 'remove'.

5.If you cannot find that icon open the Disk Utility and you can find that icon there.

Have a nice day............

Whizzbizz Array

Some people don't know the difference between getting rid of an unwanted icon and ejecting a disk...

arunwillbe1 Array

Hi friend,

You can easily remove the seagate external drive icon on macbook with os x snow leopard.Follow the below instructions to remove icon.

+++ Instructions to follow to remove the seagate external drive icon on macbook system :

1. First of all close the all applications or files which you are running.

2. Now refresh the home screen of mac and locate the external hard drive icon where it located.

3. After locating select it and tap options.

4. In options you will see the many options.

5. Among this find and tap the delete option.

6. Now it will ask to conform the delete icon.So,conform it by tapping the ok option.

That's it..

Thank you..................

+ Reply to Thread