Unregistered

Installing Ubuntu Live OS in Mac External Hard drive

I have Windows installed in my Mac already and it works fine, now I have installed the new Ubuntu Live OS in my Mac in the External hard drive but the problem is whenever I try boot now I am unable to see the Ubuntu Live OS in the option of the start up screen of my Mac. Why is it? What is the problem? How to fix this issue?

Samuel Array

Re: Installing Ubuntu Live OS in Mac External Hard drive

Hello Dear Guest...

I got your problem and what you did is a little mistake during the installation of Ubuntu Live OS.
    You have seen that so many software during installation ask to run the software in your task bar and start-up menu and for doing this, you need to click in check -box which many of us avoid to do this.

So what you need to uninstall the software and re-install the setup again.
    During the installation process, you need to check on the check-box process and when you got this option, click on the check-box and complete the installation process.
    Now check in your Start-up menu and see the icon of the software.

Hope it works...

Thanks Dear...

Shibbu Array

Welcome...

This problem is somehow look like a Windows Start-up menu.
    But its quite easy.
    When you install the software just make click in the check box of your installing file and go further.
    When you finish the process, open your Start-up menu and see the Ubuntu icon in all programme list.

samerjeet singh Array

Generally there is only one os run at one time in mac but you can install other one as a backup in external hard derive. You just have to take care of that when ever you download or install your ubuntu live os in your mac than slect option to store in external hardrive than click ok after finishing your problem will be solved.

Dark knight Array

Hi dear friend ,,

please do go to the set-up and extract the files , when you finished with the extraction of files then make the set-up

click on Next as you find that option , then read the license agreements carefully , click on finish at last ,

while this process , you will be asked that create a shortcut on the Desktop , Launch it on Start menu ,

and even launch it on the task bar , therefore the installation of the Ubuntu Live Os in Mac is completed.

Thank you..

katrina Array

Dear User .......

I will tell you that how to Installing Ubuntu Live OS in Mac External Hard drive

So dear first of all go and turn on your mac and then just go to the home screen...After that just go to a set-up and extract the files,After that just follow the rest of the procedure....And then you just finished the set-up, a new column appeared on the screen which have many options like create icon on Desktop, launch in task bar and Start-up menu as well....Now at the end just mark then all three columns and click on finish....
    You are successfully done your issue ......

That's it .....
    ALL the best ......
    Thank you .....

saicharan Array

Hello friend,

I have the solution for your problem just do as i say...........

Yeah i have got your problem and i have multiple reasons for this problem i will list them out.

1.Firstly this type of problem occurs when some files of that software may be corrupted or deleted.

2.So try to repair that software so you may fix that problem.

3.Or you uninstall that software from your mac.

4.Then you install that software then also you can fix your problem.

5.If you cannot able to fix your problem by following above steps you download the another file from internet.

6.Then install that software in your Mac.

7.Or it may be the problem of the virus so better to install a antivirus software in your Mac.

I hope you can fix your problem.

Have a nice day.............

Bittoo Array

Dear Friend...

For getting a software icon in the start-up menu, you need do following things:-

1. Go to a set-up and extract the files,
    2. Now follow the rest of the procedure.
    3. When you finished the set-up, a new column appeared on the screen which have many options like create icon on Desktop, launch in task-bar and Start-up menu as well.
    4. Mark then all three columns and click on finish.

You will see the change, Now check you Start-up menu,

Thanks dear ...

+ Reply to Thread