Unregistered

Migration from Windows Vista to Mac Air taking long time to finish

I just got my Mac Air recently and now I am just trying to move all the files from the Vista machine to Mac Air with the help of Migration assistant but now it just taking too much of time which is around 24 hrs and still going on. Why is that? What should I do for fixing this problem?

Support Array

Re: Migration from Windows Vista to Mac Air taking long time to finish

If there are many files to transfer even then Migration assistant will take around 2-4 hrs for all the files to be transferred but if it’s taking more than the required time then try to follow the steps given below,

-> Sometimes there might be issue with the application where the process got hung so try to kill the migration assistant process and restart it back again.

-> Try to reinstall the Migration assistant application by removing it from your Mac Air.

-> If you are doing the migration through Ethernet then you need to make sure that you are using the proper cable for the transfer which in sense you need to use a proper CAT6 cable and not any other. So if you are going to use any other cable which was used before then of course there will be issue in transferring your files and it will take a long time to transfer.

If you can take care of the above mentioned steps then for sure the you won’t be facing issue with the data migration to your Mac Air.

Mac Array

Re: Migration from Windows Vista to Mac Air taking long time to finish

================================================== ==================================================

:: Open the terminal window from it.

:: Now here you type in the command kill all, this will close the all running apps process related to migration assistant.

:: Then try to reinstall the migration assistant applications.

:: Also try to repair the disk.

:: Now restart the Mac system and then check the problem is solved or not.

================================================== ================================================== ==

+ Reply to Thread