Unregistered

Is it possible to analysis the Network statistics in my MAC?

I am using MAC for my Office project use and now I need some details regarding the Network statistics in my MAC to analyse certain use cases. So will it possible to do that? Is there any application available for it as like in Windows? Can you please give me the details regarding this?

Support Array

Re: Is it possible to analysis the Network statistics in my MAC?

There is no need of any 3rd party applications for MAC in order to check the network statistics or analyses as it comes with the basic OS itself where you just have to access it to get the details. There are various options given as like NetStat, Ping, LookUp, Traceroute, Whois, Finger, Port Scan everything can be done from your MAC OS itself.

So in order to access those details you need to check with the Network Utility app in the OS which can be accessed by the Administrator user, just follow the quick steps given below,

STEP 1: Go to the folder /Applications/Utilities/.
    STEP 2; Find the app named as Network Utility and open it.
    STEP 3: From the Window you can see the several options ( 8 options in Snow Leopard - maybe less if previous versions)
    STEP 4: Select each tab to get the details eg. Select NetStat to get the Routing table information, All current socket connections” etc.

These network statistics and analyses details are ideally can be done in the terminal but in MAC they have given this Network Utility Tool just to avoid the problem and getting it easily. So if you are facing any issues even after following the above steps or you need anymore details regarding the Networks in MAC then just drop in your query here to get the fix.

azizkhan Array

Dear Friend,

Use "netstat" from Terminal to get network statistics. Doing so you will get updated bytes in and out every 1 second.

Thank you

harinder kaur Array

Yes, you can use network statistics for any kind of projects . In MAC , you can use this facility in network utility application which can provides a variety of computer network information.

It can be found in by going to application option => then utilities=>network applications where you can found netstat , network interface,apple talk,port scan etc..

Here is some parameters which is explained as follows :

1. -e => which displays eternet statistics
    2. -I => which displays network interfaces and their statistics
    3. -b => which causes to - I to reprt total number of bytes.

Thus, netstat which is a command line tool that can display both incoming and outgoing network connections.It also used for making rounding tables too.

swati Array

Dear User .....

If you want to know that how to possible to analysis in network statistics in MAC....So you just see all steps and then try it your self...
    Les's have a look .....

First of all go and on your MAC and then go to the folder /Applications/ Utilities/.And then find the app named as Network Utility and open it.After that from the Window you can see the several options ( 8 options in Snow Leopard - maybe less if previous versions) Now at the end select each tab to get the details eg. Select NetStat to get the Routing table information, All current socket connections” etc....You are successfully done your issue....

ALL Done ....
    Hope you like that information .....
    Thank You .......

samerjeet singh Array

Generallt there is no need to anlys network setting in mac. Because these sre set by mac os and by the way to you want to analys network setting than goto netwaork utility from your mac and than click on option analys setting than your problem will be solved.

nikhil202k Array

MAC.jpg

Possibilities to analysis the Network Statics in MAC :
    If you want to analysis the Network Static in MAC then you have to check a Network Utility app and follow some instruction carefully are following as :

>>> Firstly you have to go through a Folder and click to the Application utilities and choose a Best Network Utility .

>>> After that you have to click to the Windows several option and choose a tab to get details .

>>> Then select a Routine table information and you can analysis a MAC network utilities and this are the possibilities to analysis the Network statistics in MAC .

================================================== ================================================== =============================

arunwillbe1 Array

Hi friend,

It is possible to know the analysis the network statistics in your MAC.For this you need to follow below instrutions

+++ Steps to know network statistics :

1. Turn on the system first.

2. Now tap the options such as folders- applications - utilities.

3. In utilities you will see the network option.So,tap it.

4. After tapping you will see the different options.

5. Among those find and elect the network statistics.

6. After tapping a new windows will open with network statistics.

Thank you...........

infosys848 Array

Yes,
    You can analysis the network settings in mac system.
    This will take only few steps do know network statistics.

Tap the system home screen ,after tapping this home screen tap the utilities under the applications.
    Here you will see the option network,go into this option by tapping it.Now different options you will after opening the network among these select the network statistics.Here you will see the network statistics in MAC.

5555 Array

hello .....
    my dear sir.....
    It is possible to know the analysis the network statistics in your MAC.For this you need to follow below instrutions

Steps to know network statistics
    1. Turn on the system first.2. Now tap the options such as folders- applications - utilities.3. In utilities you will see the network option.So,tap it.4. After tapping you will see the different options.5. Among those find and elect the network statistics.6. After tapping a new windows will open with network statistics.

thank you sir.....

Abhijeet Array

follow the steps

first of all go to the home screen

then tap on the option folder

then tap on application option

then tap on the utility

then there you will see the network option

then tap on it and you will see various option

then select then network statistic option and its done

+ Reply to Thread