Unregistered

Is it possible to change .dmg image file to .iso file in my MAC? What to do for that?

I have a .dmg file in my Mac which is actually used in the MAC for writing the CD/DVD image but now I need this .dmg file to be converted to .iso image file which is also writable in CD/DVD but in other platforms. So can you please tell me if that’s is possible to be done in MAC? If so what are the steps to follow for it?

Support Array

Re: Is it possible to change .dmg image file to .iso file in my MAC? What to do for that?

Yes you can actually convert the .dmg file to .iso file without any problem in your MAC and the good thing is that you don’t need to install any 3rd party applications too as the option is available in the MAC OS by default. To do the conversion you can carry out either from the UI or from the command line. The below steps will help you to do in either ways,

STEP 1: Go to the Utility folder from the Applications folder and open the Disk Utility option.
    STEP 2: Now in the opened disk utility application you can see the option named as “Convert”. Just select that and select the necessary file type to change the .dmg file.
    STEP 3: For command line change -> Open up the terminal with the Administrator privilege.
    STEP 4: Go to the Applications/Utilities folder and execute the command as “hdiutil convert /path/checkimage/image.dmg - format UDTO -o /path/checkimage/image2.iso and press enter.
    STEP 5: In the same way to convert the .iso file to .dwg you have to follow the command as “hdutil convert /path/checkimage/image.iso -format UDRW -o /path/checkimage/image2.dmg”.

So in this way you can carry out the process of converting the image files from .dmg to .iso and .iso to .dmg file types without any problem but if you are still facing some problem or issues then kindly let us know your problem to get the fix for once for all?

samerjeet singh Array

Re: Is it possible to change .dmg image file to .iso file in my MAC? What to do for that?

Yes you can change your image from .dmg to .iso without any problem and you also dont need to download any other application in your mac. You have to use interna application in your mac is mac convertor. In this application you will get a option image conertor here your have enter old name i.e .dmg convet to new nam i e iso and than click on the convert button than your problem will be solved.

infosys848 Array

Hi,
    It is possible to change the .dmg image file to .iso file.
    But you need to do the below things in your mac system for converting.
    First of all open the browser which you are using.After open go to the filehippo website.Here find and download the image converter application.After download locate the downloaded application.After locating select it and tap the options.In options select option run administrator and install it like other applications.After install restart the system and open the installed converter.Now tap the import option.After tapping a new window will open to choose the .dmg image file.So,choose it and tap the done to upload to converter application.After upload choose the .iso file and tap the convert option.After converting you cal view the .iso file now.

josh98 Array

Hi friend....... Yes it is possible to change the .dmg image file to.iso file. First you need to follow the below steps First you can open the browser which you are using After that open and go to the filehippo website And there you can find and download the image converter application After downloading you can located the download application And install the application After installing restart the system and open the installed converter Now you can import option After tapping a new window will open to choose the .dmg image file. Then you can choose it and tap the done to upload to converter application. Thats all converting the file Thank You...........

+ Reply to Thread