Unregistered

Is it possible to enable the root privileges in my MAC OS X? How to do it?

I have used the terminal very less in my MAC and now I am trying to learn do things from there as it is mostly based on Unix commands but the problem I am facing is that most of the things I am unable to do saying that there is no privilege. So can you tell me how to get the root access from it? What command I should use for it?

Support Array

Re: Is it possible to enable the root privileges in my MAC OS X? How to do it?

Yes it is possible to get the root privileges by using the root account for accessing all the needed commands directories because root user is the only user who is given all privileges to browse any Mac OS X directory, unfettered and unrestricted. To enable the root user in your terminal just follow the simple steps given below,

STEP 1: Open the terminal from your Mac.
    STEP 2: Now type in the command sudo passwd root.
    STEP 3: This will allow you to set the password for the root user, so the next line it will ask for the new password which you can give the one as desire.
    STEP 4: So once it is done. You can close and open the terminal again and type the command sudo and press enter.
    STEP 5: You will be asked for the password which you have set, just type in the password to go into the root user.
    STEP 6: Now in the same terminal you will be given the root privileges where you can do all the needed changes which you need without any restriction.

If you are facing any other problem in your Mac with the commands executing in the terminal just leave your queries here to get the fix as soon as possible.

chowdary Array

YES it is possible to enable the root privileges in MAC OS X.

This is possible by using the root account for accessing all the needed commands directories.

The steps to be followed are:

--> First Navigate to Terminal from your MAC

--> then type in the command sudo Passwd root

--> then give the New password .

--> Then you can close and open the terminal again and type the command sudo and Press enter

--> then enter the new password you set.

--> there you are provided with root privileges where you can do all the needed changes .

Thus it is possible to enable the root privileges in your MAC OS X.

Hope it helps you.

swati Array

Dear User .....

If you want to know that how to possible to enable root privileges in MY MAC OS X....So i will tell you that what to do that ....So you just see all my points Or steps...first you see and then try it yourself ....
    Les's have a look ....

First of all go and navigate to Terminal from your MAC..And then type in the command sudo Password root..After that give the New password .And then you can close and open the terminal again and type the command sudo and Press enter..Now at the end enter the new password you set..And now you are provided with root privileges where you can do all the needed changes ....

ALL Done ....
    Hope you like that information .....
    Thank You .......

samerjeet singh Array

For using root privilage in mac you have to beacome a root user and for becoming root user you have to create an account. For making root account follow these steps1 goto main menu2 goto macs privilage3 click on root privilage4 click on create new accoutn 5 than choose a user name and password 6 than click sign in option7 your account hasbeen made and you can acees root privilage

+ Reply to Thread