Unregistered

PostgreSQL crashing frequently in Mountain Lion

I have my Mac which is currently running with Mountain Lion and now I have installed the PostgreSQL application on it and when I checked with the logs it just shows up crash report for like every 10-15 secs. Why this is happening? Do I need to remove the Postgre completely from my Mac? Someone please tell me what should be done.

Support Array

Re: PostgreSQL crashing frequently in Mountain Lion

You don’t have to remove the Postgre application fully as such to fix the issue. This might be some corruption issue with the drives and there is a workaround to fix the issue which as follows,

STEP 1: Open the Terminal in Administrative mode.

STEP 2: Now just type in the command as sudo su postgres -c '/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/pg_resetxlog -f /Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/data' -> Press Enter.

STEP 3: Close the terminal and restart your Mac once.

Now you can check the logs which probably won’t be showing any crash errors for Postgre as before. The main issue for this problem is that the transaction logs of PostgreSQL should be reset and with the above command you can do that.

Mac Array

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friend, you can change the some settings and it is done by below steps.

:: Open the terminal window from it.

:: Now here you type in the command c '/Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/pg_resetxlog -f /Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/data'.

:: And then press enter.

:: Then allow the system to restart process.

:: This will fix the issue OK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

infosys848 Array

Hi,
    Crash is common issue for all users.Know the below reasons for crashing and remedies to them
    The crash issue raises due to cache memory of the device is full or due to presence of virus files in your system or due to operating more than single application at a time or due to more waste applications you installed in your mountain lion or due to application is not updated to newer version or due to firmware of mountain lion is not upgraded.Do the mentioned things to avoid the issue.First of all check and clear the cache memory to avoid the crashing issue or update the application regularly or restart the mountain lion once to resolve the issue temporarily or delete the postgresql and re-install and resolve the crashing issue.

+ Reply to Thread