Unregistered

PowerMac G5 not starting up and sometime the LED flashes continuously with some noise

I have a pretty old PowerMac G5 with me and itís not booting up properly now. When I switch on the fan runs and things looks fine but after sometime the LED flashes continuously with some noise. What might be the problem? Can someone please help to fix this issue to boot my PowerMac as normal? Tried removing RAM to check but still not working.

Support Array

Re: PowerMac G5 not starting up and sometime the LED flashes continuously with some noise

Now this problem looks more like the issue with your RAM, just try to follow the below points to check if it works,

-> Make sure that you have two RAMs (which are opposing pairs as one stick will not work)

-> If you are hearing some beeps or flashes then count to find the below problems,
    1 beep then no RAM is detected or installed
    2 beeps then problem with incompatible RAM types - two RAMs with different clock speed.
    3 beeps problem with the RAM pair
    4 beeps then it’s problem with the boot ROM which as some bad system config block which need to be referehsed or flashed.
    5 beeps then there is a problem with the processor.

-> So just try to restart your PowerMac once and check how many beeps you are hearing and try to rectify the problem accordingly.

-> The LED will flash according to the number of times of beep plus one and it repeats again and again after 5 - 7 seconds pause but the tone will be played only once after every restart.

-> The main thing which you need to check is if you have the same RAM type in both the slots if it’s 1GB in the first slot then it’s should be 1GB again in the second slot with the same clock speed if any doesn’t match then your PowerMac won’t boot at all.

Mac Array

Re: PowerMac G5 not starting up and sometime the LED flashes continuously with some noise

================================================== ===============================================

Dear,its big issue ,so you can restart the Mac system and then check the flash goes or not.

Otherwise

:: Again shut OFF the Mac and again start the PC.

:: At the time staring press and hold the Command option with the letter P and R keys before the gray screen appears on the system.

:: Now you can hold the keys until the PC restarts.

:: This will reset the NV RAM/P RAM in your Mac.

:: Basically this process refresh the RAM,so you again check the flash goes or not.

================================================== ================================================== ===

+ Reply to Thread