Unregistered

Procedure to follow for setting up MySql in Mac?

I have installed the MySql applications successfully in my Mac but somehow I am not getting the UI at all. Do I have to install some supportive files for making it work or so? Can you tell me what procedure should I follow for it? Please give me in full details as I have not tried it before. Thank you.

Amitkumar patro Array
    202,classic's Lohit apt,near C.D.R.hospital,3-6-186/2/1&2,hyderguda,Hyderabad-29

Re: Procedure to follow for setting up MySql in Mac?

Dear friend,

what you need,
    1.firstly download with 64-bit apple disk image installer,it works both in snow leopard and lion mac osx 10.7.
    2.computer running mac osx 10.7.
    3.you could go to the site of Mac osx check with the installtion procedure for Mysql.
    4.you could also go through the manual provide to you.

All the best,for your installtion.And enjoy working with Mysql.

Hifriend, Array

* I would provide you the complete procedure to set up Mysql in mac...

* First of all , you delete what you have to uninstall what you have... So you dont require supportive files for making it work...

* Now download mysql installation file,...

* it will be automatically extracted and will appear as a disk image on the desktop....!

* Finder will display the contents automatically....!!

* Then double click 'mysql-standard-4.1.14-apple-darwin-7.9.0-powerpc.pkg'

* Follow the instructions on the setup wizard....!!

* Double click "MysqlStartUpItem.pkg" which will install mysql server as an auto-startup item...

* Then you have to double click 'mysql.Prefpane' which will install mysql control pane into system preferences program..

* Open system preferences program and click Mysql icon..

* then click the start mysql server button to restart the server...!

* Now you will find a msg showing "Mysql server instance is running" and then you can close the control pane...!

* You are done....! And the Mysql setup is complete.....!!!

samerjeet singh Array

If you have msql in your mac than you have to download it for downloading use following steps1 goto site mscstore.comor getjar.comor macapplication store2 there you will see its icon3 download it 4 than install it5 it will start workingand if it is alredy in your mac and not working than you have to upadte uts version. Goto properties and ckick on the icon update version and your version will be updated.

+ Reply to Thread