Unregistered

Steps to fix the problem of opening applications in Mac?

I have Snow Leopard OS in my Mac and many of the application which I have installed in the Mac is not able to open at all. Whenever I click the application to open it I get the error message as “Could not open application in this version of Mac OS X”.

What might be the problem? Can you please tell me what should I do to fix this problem?

srikanth143 Array

Re: Steps to fix the problem of opening applications in Mac?

Hi friend..............

fix the problem of opening applications in Mac............

There can be a few reasons for this to happen, but the most likely cause is a disk permissions error. Disk permissions are flags set for each item in the file system. They define whether an item can be read, written to, or executed. Permissions are initially set when you install an application, such as Safari..............

The first thing to try in this situation is to repair disk permissions. Luckily, you don’t need to know what the permissions should be; your Mac keeps a database of the default permissions for most applications that you’ve installed. All you need to do is launch Disk Utility and run its Repair Disk Permissions feature. You can find instructions on how to do this in the About: Macs guide, "Using Disk Utility to Repair Hard Drives and Disk Permissions"................

All the best.............

+ Reply to Thread