Unregistered

Steps to reset lost OS X account password in my MAC?

I have forgot my OS X account password by mistake, so now I need to know the way to reset my lost OS X account password in my MAC? First of all is it possible to do it? Can you please provide me the steps to do it?

Support Array

Re: Steps to reset lost OS X account password in my MAC?

It is possible to reset the OS X account password in your MAC by following few important steps, you can very well go ahead and follow the steps if you really don’t have the Mac OS X installation DVD as it have the option to do by itself and make sure that you don’t the FileVault enabled in your account as it will end up in great chaos. The steps need to be followed is as follows,

STEP 1: Restart your MAC in Single User mode which can be attained by holding down the Command+S while the system is starting up.
    STEP 2: So a command prompt will appear on the screen once you enter the Single User mode, type in the command as “mount -uw /” -> Press Enter.
    STEP 3: Now again type the command as “launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.DirectoryServices.plist” -> Press Enter. Make sure you are following the same commands to get the required result.
    STEP 4: You should know the short username of your account if you don’t then type “ls /Users” and search for the short username from the list which appears.
    STEP 5: Now type the command “dscl . -delete /Users/username AuthenticationAuthority” where the “username” is your short user name of the account -> Press Enter.
    STEP 6: So the above step will clear the old authentication password now you have to set the new password for your account, so type “passwd username” where “username” is the short username of the account.
    STEP 7: Type the new password and retype the password again. So this will change the new password for your account.
    STEP 8: Now type the command “reboot” and enter to your account in normal mode with the changed password.

In this way you can get the new password changed for the account which you forgot the password by mistake. Make sure you are following the commands properly in order to avoid problems afterwards. If you still have any query or facing some errors or issues in the middle just drop in your query to get the solution as soon as possible.

samerjeet singh Array

It is not a big problem to get your lost account and password. Just follow these steps1 open your admistrative privilage in your os2 it will ask to enter your id and password3 under that click on the option forrgot password4 than after clicking on this option it will ask for your email id 5 enter your email id 5 click ok 7 your id and password will be mailed to youbest of luck

nikhil202k Array

Steps to reset lost OS X Account password in MAC :

There are various steps to reset lost OS X Account password in MAC and description of steps are following as :

>>> First of all you have to install a OS X DVD and restart a MAC .

>>> Then you have to type a Command and S for start a system .

>>> Then you should have short username and press a enter key .

>>> Now you should have to type a command for delete a short user name and key for delete is "dscl".

>>> After that type a new username and password and you are successfully change the username and password .This are the steps to reset the lost OS X account password in MAC .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bajigopikanth Array

hai frnd ............
    there is no problem of password forgetting .............
    just insert the disk in the drive and check for supporting software i.e for hint when you are doing password or
    password breakers
    and the last option is to format the drive account..........
    GOPI KANTH

+ Reply to Thread