Unregistered

Text substitutions are not enabled in Snow Leopard OS in my MAC

It is really hard for me to type in some documents or in Web where the text box doesn’t support the Text substitutions as before, Why it is like that? Is the option disabled or so from Snow Leopard OS? Can you please give me the details?

Support Array

Re: Text substitutions are not enabled in Snow Leopard OS in my MAC

The Text Substitution option is not completely disabled because you can still see that in some of the applications but not in all and in common with Safari where it is disabled but there is always an option to make it enabled or work as it has to be. So by following a small tweak you can easily make it enabled for all the possible apps in your Mac, follow the steps given below to attain it.

STEP 1: Open the terminal, make sure you have the administrator privileges.
    STEP 2: Now type the command as “defaults write -g WebAutomaticTextReplacementEnabled -bool true” -> Press Enter.
    STEP 3: There are still two more commands which will enable the dash replacement and spell checking which is “defaults write -g WebAutomaticDashSubstitutionEnabled -bool true” and “defaults write -g WebAutomaticSpellCheckingEnabled -bool true”.

So in this way you can enable the text substitution and other feature in your Snow Leopard OS for your MAC. Just try to open the apps again and check if the features have started working and if you are still facing any problem regarding this then just drop in your query to get more details about it.

dude91 Array

firstly , Open the terminal, make sure you have the administrator privileges.after that type the command as defaults write -g WebAutomaticTextReplacementEnabled -bool true then Press Enter but there are still two more commands which will enable the dash replacement and spell checking which is defaults write -gWebAutomaticDashSubstitutionEnabled -bool true.So this way you can enable the text substitution.

samerjeet singh Array

Text substitution are not enable in your snow leopard due to error in your setting. So if you want to enable your text substituion than first of all open your text setting in snow leopard and than goto text substitution you will be see disable icon infront of it change it enbale from disable your problem will be solved.

Dark knight Array

Hey friends..

Text Substitutions are not enabled in Snow leopard OS in MAC then please do follow the steps recommended below:

Open the Terminal and Type the command as "g Web Automatic Dash Substitution Enabled-bool true"

enter after the command is Written .

And the Text Substitution feature is enabled .

Or

Open the Text setting in Snow leopard and Enable it from the Disable mode.

Save the changes and apply them .

Thank you..

+ Reply to Thread