Unregistered

Unable to delete the screenshot file in Mac

I just took a screenshot of the movie which I was watching in my Mac and now when I try to delete the file from the desktop it just gives the error message as “The item <filename> can’t be moved to the trash because it can’t be deleted” What does it mean? Why I am not able to delete the file? Please someone help me to resolve this problem.

infosys848 Array

Re: Unable to delete the screenshot file in Mac

Hi,
    You are unable to delete the screenshot file because of you opened file before deleting.Do the below things to delete successfully without error.
    First of all close the screenshot file if you open.After closing locate the screenshot file where you stored.
    After locating select it and tap options for this by right clicking on the mouse.In options you will see the more options here.
    Among this find and tap the delete option.After tapping this it will ask for conformation to delete this.
    So,tap the ok options to conform the delete process.
    After deleting once check the screenshot file deleted or not in your mac system.

josh98 Array

Re: Unable to delete the screenshot file in Mac

Hi friend........... Follow the below steps You can delete the Screen shot first you can close the screen shot without closing you can not delete the screen shot After closing locate the screenshot file where you stored. After locating select the screen shot and right click on the mouse. Then you can watch the delete option And you can select the delete option and click thats all your screen shot will be deleted Thank You.............

+ Reply to Thread