Unregistered

Unable to use my own custom image as background in Main login screen on Mac

I don't like the default background image which appears in the Main login screen on my Mac so i want to use my own custome image in place of that. It would be really exciting. Kindly provide some trick to do the same because there is no any option which does the same?

Support Array

Re: Unable to use my own custom image as background in Main login screen on Mac

There is no need to use any trick for the same. You can do this quite easily by using a command in Terminal window. So open the terminal and enter the below given command:
    sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow DesktopPicture “/Library/path_to_your_pic/your_pic.jpg”
    The last two part of the code specifies the path and name of your custom image so give it a proper path and also the name otherwise it will not work.

Mac Array

================================================== ==================================================

Steps to solve the issue:

=) First need to go to the dock.

=) Then open the terminal window from it.

=) Now here you type in the command sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow Desktop Picture “/Library/path_to_your_pic/your_pic.jpg.

=) After doing you can restart the Mac.

=) Once this is will done your image problem is solved.

Done.

================================================== ================================================== ===

Dark knight Array

Dear Aspirant .. When you are unable to use your own custom image as background in main login screen on Mac : open the Terminal you can open the terminal by going to the dock type in the command defaults/write library preferences/com.apple.loginwindow Desktoppicture/Library/path_to_your_pic.jpg and exit the terminal Thank you..

katrina Array

Dear User ......

I will solve your problem into some easy steps..So just see it ....

So first of all go and turn on your computer and then go to the home screen and then go to the dock...And then just open the terminal window from it....After that just here you type in the command sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow Desktop Picture “/Library/path_to_your_pic/your_pic.jpg...Now at the end just after doing you can restart the Mac....ALL Done ....

ALL the best ......
    Thank you ......

mahhiads Array

Hello Friend,

Just Follow Some Steps Are :

>> Firstly Open The Following Location In The MAC OS :

~/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/Resources

>> Than Find The Following File "NSTexturedFullScreenBackgroundColor.png"

>> Than Copy That File In Any Other Place And Change The Name Of File And Copy The File Name

>> Than Open The Folder Where Image Is Save That Want Used In The Login Screen Than Rename That Image And Paste The File Name

>> But That Image Must Be 250*250 Resolution And PNG Format If Not Than Convert It.

>> Than Copy That File In The Folder, Restart The PC

>> Than Image Changed Automatically.

I Hope That Info Is Usefully

+ Reply to Thread