Unregistered

Upgrading to Lion without changing the iCal information

I wanted to upgrade my Mac to the Lion OS and before doing that I want to make sure that nothing gets erased out or overwritten specially in iCal. Is that possible to do? Can you please provide me the instructions which I need to follow for upgrading my Mac without losing data? Thanks.

Support Array

Re: Upgrading to Lion without changing the iCal information

Yes it is possible to retain your Data before going for the upgrade in your Mac, just try to follow the below mentioned points to make it work proper without losing any data after the Lion update,

-> First thing which you can do is to do a Time Machine backup of your Mac and then go for the update and revert back all the data which got saved.

-> You can also use the software which is called as Carbon Copy cloner which simply clones the bootable copy of your internal hard drive so if anything fails with your Lion upgrade you can revert back to the old.

-> You can always control what to be synced in the iCloud where you can get all the data which are synced and specially for iCal you can do that in no time. Just select the option of syncing Calendar in iCloud then after the Lion upgrade you can sync back the content from iCloud.

abhijeet2015 Array

Hi..........,

After update your present data may be erased upto a certain limit.
    create a backup before update.
    Backup will save your data to be loss.
    After update sync your data.
    You can also keep your data in D drive.
    This may also save your data from loss.

Thanks

Mac Array

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simple method to protect your data before upgrading the system :

:: Use the i cloud.

:: This will provide you to keep the data safe online by syncing the all calender data into i cloud.

:: So open the i cloud and sync the calender data.

:: After this you can upgrading the system.

:: After upgrading the system ,you can also sync the calender with i cloud so that your data will back again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread