Unregistered

Way to get back the old Save As option in my MAC which runs with Mountain Lion? Reason for removal of that option?

It’s really hard for me every time to go to the File Menu and select for saving the document in my MAC which runs with the Mountain Lion. I heard that the Save As option is removed from Mountain Lion and added with Duplicate which is really not good for my usage. So is there anyway to get back the Old Save As option which will be popped up by pressing Command-Shift-S? Please provide me the details?

Support Array

Re: Way to get back the old Save As option in my MAC which runs with Mountain Lion? Reason for removal of that option?

That’s right many are facing the same issue where the old Save As option is being replaced with the Duplicate as of now we cannot completely change the working as such because the settings are tightly coupled with the new Mountain Lion OS but the best thing which can be done is to create a shortcut as like Command-Shift-S for Duplicate option instead selecting it from the File Menu which currently doesn’t work with any shortcuts.

So Duplicate option is nothing but the document which you are working in will be saved in another duplicate document as like the Save As where you specify the document to save, to set the shortcut key for the Duplicate option just follow the below given steps,

STEP 1: Go to the System Preferences.
    STEP 2: Select the option Keyboard from there -> Go to Keyboard Shortcuts tab.
    STEP 3: Select the “Application Shortcuts” from the left menu options.
    STEP 4: Now press the (+) button to add a new shortcut.
    STEP 5: Select the Application as “All Applications”
    STEP 6: Specify the Menu Title as “Duplicate” and in the Keyboard Shortcut provide the shortcut which you want to keep as like Command-Shift-S which was the older one.
    STEP 7: Press the Add button and close the settings by pressing OK.

Now open any document and check if the shortcut you kept is working properly and if you have done all in the right way then probably it should work without any issues. If you are still facing problem then just drop in your query here in order for us to help you with more details.

Amitkumar patro Array
    202,classic's Lohit apt,near C.D.R.hospital,3-6-186/2/1&2,hyderguda,Hyderabad-29

Re: Way to get back the old Save As option in my MAC which runs with Mountain Lion? Reason for removal of that option?

Dear friend,
    you create the shortcut as like Command-Shift-S for Duplicate option instead selecting it from the File Menu which currently doesn’t work with any shortcuts.So Duplicate option is nothing but the document which you are working in will be saved in another duplicate document as like the Save As where you specify the document to save.

thank you.

Dark knight Array

Hello dear friend .

Best thing that can be done is to create a shortcut as like command +Shift +S

for Duplication instead of selecting it from the file menu.

Hence Duplication is nothing but the Shortcut , i.e Duplicate copy of the original one which is stored.

GO to the System preferences and then select the option - > go to keyboard shortcuts tab.

once you have gone through this select the application shortcuts from the left menu options .

Now press the + button to add a new shortcut .and select all the applications , Specify the menu

title as Duplicate ' press the add button and close the settings by applying them.

and finally open any document and check if the shortcut you kept is working properly .

Thank You.

Abhijeet Array

to set the short cut key for the duplicate option follow the steps

first of all go to the system preference

then select the keyboard option

then go to the key board shortcut tab

then from left menu option select the application shortcut

to add a new shortcut press (+) button

select the application as all application

specify the menu title as DUPLICATE

and provide the shortcut which you want

then apply the changes

close it and then check that the shortcut is working properly or not

+ Reply to Thread