Unregistered

What does Starfield process do in Mac?

I really donít know for what reason the Starfield process runs in my Mac at background. Is there anyway which I can follow to remove this process? Can someone give me the complete information which need to be followed for the same? Thank you.

Support Array

Re: What does Starfield process do in Mac?

Starfield usually get installed as the part of GoDaddy Workspace Desktop and now to get rid of this there is a workaround which you can follow. Just go through the steps which are mentioned below to attain it,

STEP 1: Go to Applications folder -> Search for Starfield folder -> Run the Uninstall file which is present from there.

STEP 2: Now Copy the below content completely by selecting all -> Right Click -> Copy

sudo su
    killall -9 offSyncService
    killall -9 starfieldUpdate
    rm -rf ~/Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/WbeTools64_14.plugin
    rm -rf ~/Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/fileEditTool64_15.plugin
    rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.starfield.update.plist
    rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Mozilla/Extensions/\{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384\}/wbepaste\@starfield
    rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Mozilla/Extensions/\{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384\}/zoomext\@starfield
    rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Starfield/
    rm -rf /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.starfield.backupservice.plist
    rm -rf /Library/offsync
    rm -rf /Applications/Starfield
    rm -rf /install.sh

STEP 3: Once you copy the above content. Open up the Terminal window from Application -> Utilities folder.

STEP 4: Now right click -> Select Paste and press Enter -> Enter the password when prompted for.

STEP 5: Now once it is done close the terminal and do a restart in your Mac and now the starfield process will be completely removed.

+ Reply to Thread