Unregistered

What should I do to disable the notification sound which comes for every notification in my MAC with Mountain Lion?

It is really irritating for me where whenever I get the notification in my MAC I get the notification sound as well which just not good for me and usually I use to mute the whole sound for getting rid of this but I need to know if it is possible to disable the notification sound alone in my MAC? Please provide me the details steps in order to do this and I am quite new to MAC so no idea how everything is done.

Support Array

Re: What should I do to disable the notification sound which comes for every notification in my MAC with Mountain Lion?

Yeah it is really annoying when you get 10 notifications at one time and you receive the sound for all the 10 in one go and muting the whole sound system is probably not the efficient solution, Moutain Lion OS do provide the option to disable the notification sound and it is quite difficult for a newbie to go in and fix with the solution, so here are the few important and easy steps for your problem,

STEP 1: Go to the System Preferences.
    STEP 2: Select the option “Notifications”
    STEP 3: Under that you can see some options given for the notifications where there is mentioned with “Play sound when receiving notifications”.
    STEP 4: Uncheck the checkbox and select OK.

So there you are now you can see that you are not receiving any of the notification sounds at all. Even after following the above steps you are facing some issue then probably you can drop in your query here in order to get the best solution as soon as possible.

srisrisri Array

Re: What should I do to disable the notification sound which comes for every notification in my MAC with Mountain Lion?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is really irritating for me where whenever I get the notification in my MAC I get the notification sound as well which just not good for me and usually I use to mute the whole sound for getting rid of this but I need to know if it is possible to disable the notification sound alone in my MAC? Please provide me the details steps in order to do this and I am quite new to MAC so no idea how everything is done.

## Launch System Preferences.

## And then Select the option “Notifications”

## After that you need to see some options given for the notifications,

## With “Play sound when receiving notifications”.

## Uncheck the checkbox,

## And then select OK button,

## That's it.

sai charan Array

Dear..

If you are not at all satisfied with the voice that the MAC is generating when you get a notification and want to remove that sound then you have to follow certain steps :-

>>>>>>> Go to system preferences

>>>>>>> From the preferences Menu, Click sound

>>>>>>> Click edit

>>>>>>> Click play a
    sound for incoming message to un-check it.

Hope it will help you to solve the issue

Cheers...!!!

Amitkumar patro Array
    202,classic's Lohit apt,near C.D.R.hospital,3-6-186/2/1&2,hyderguda,Hyderabad-29

Dear friend,
    It's quite easy to disable the notification sound which comes for every notification in your mac with mountain lion.Have this following steps to disable:
    system preference>notification>option called play sound when receiving notification>untick it>enter.

All the best.
    thank you.

Hifriend, Array

* Notification Center is a great advantage in Mac Mountain Lion but the alert sounds can be pretty annoying if you have a lot going on....!

* You can silence your notifications by following steps below in 3 ways....!! I have given you alll three ways....Use it as per your wish,....!

* To mute notification alerts on per app basis you can follow this method below...

* Step 1: You have to go to the Apple menu...!

* Step 2: Open System Preferences there,.....!

* Step 3: Click the Notifications Menu...!

* Step 4: You have to select the apps and uncheck the "Play sound when receiving notification" box..

* Step 5: You can repeat above step for every app you want to silence ....!

* The other two methods are listed below...!

* To quickly hush all notifications you can resume it by clicking Option+ Click the notification center menubar icon, it will turn grey when disabled...!

* Inorder to re-enable notifications just click Option+ click the menu bar icon again....!

* If you want to make this task even more simple, swipe open notification center, swipe down and flip "show alerts and banners" to off.....!!

* You can reenable alerts again by flipping the switch back to ON or option+ clicking the icon....!!

* By these ways you can disable the notification sounds which comes with every notification in your mac with mountain lion....!!

:-) :-)

Samuel Array

Dear Friend...

I hope you get the idea that how you will open this option as mention in the above mention image.
    But if you don't get the same view, then follow this steps:-

1. First of all, you just open system preferences and click notification center in mac
    2. Select the apps and by clicking left, turn off their sound notification.
    3. Repeat the similar steps with other application.

Happy To Help You
    Thank you...

Dark knight Array

Dear Friend , you can silence your notifications alerts by the process mentioned below : Go to the apple menu Open the System Preferences Click the notifications menu you have to select the apps and uncheck the Play sound when receiving notification Inbox you can follow the same procedure for the every app to keep it silence . To Quickly hush all the notifications you can resume it by clicking option + click the menu bar icon again . Swipe the notification center , swipe down and flip show alerts and banners to off . By these ways you can disable the notificaton sounds like which comes with every notification in your MAC with mountain lion

hihello744 Array

Steps are:

Open menu.

Press settings.

Select notifications.

Press sound.

Press off.

Now it is disabled.

!!!!!GOOD LUCK!!!!!

arun.potturu Array

Dear,

For disabling the notification sound which comes for every notification in mac with mountain lion follow these steps:

Go to menu.

Click settings option.

Choose notifications option.

Click sound option.

Turn off it.

Thank you!

saicharan Array

Hello friend,

I have the solution for your problem just do as i say........

1.Firstly make your Mac turn on.

2.Then you go to the 'Apple menu' at the top of your screen.

3.Then you click on 'System preferences'.

4.Now the sub-menu will open.

5.There you click on the option 'Notifications'.

6.Now a new window will open.

7.There you remove the tick mark to the option 'Play sound when receiving notifications'.

Have a nice day.........................

satya praveen Array

Hi..........

1.You go to the Apple logo on the top of your screen.
    2.Go to the system preferences.
    3.Click on Notifications.
    4.Later you scroll and search Play sound when receiving notifications.
    5.Now uncheck that option.
    6.Now you tap on Save.
    7.Your problem has been solved now.
    Thanks.....................

+ Reply to Thread