Unregistered

What should I do if Mac App store says Mountain Lion OS is not compatible with my computer?

I tried buying the Mountain Lion OS from Mac App store but whenever I try to place the order it just gives me the error message saying “Mountain Lion is not compatible with my computer”. Why I am getting this error? I already have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 version running and need to update it. Can you please give me the details?

Amitkumar patro Array
    202,classic's Lohit apt,near C.D.R.hospital,3-6-186/2/1&2,hyderguda,Hyderabad-29

Re: What should I do if Mac App store says Mountain Lion OS is not compatible with my computer?

Dear friend,
    1.As you have already running with snow leopard 10.6.8 version,the mountain lion os should accept to your computer.But make sure that your RAM is above 2GB,and according to me it give best results with 4GB.
    2.you do'nt buy RAM directly from apple,make sure that it is specify for the MAC.
    3.you should atleast 8GB freespace in your mac drive,but i would like to recommend 15GB or more because mountain lion installer itself is of over 4GB.

thank you.

samerjeet singh Array

Re: What should I do if Mac App store says Mountain Lion OS is not compatible with my computer?

Mountain lion software is the official software of macthis os runs only in the mac not in other computerso if you want to run it in your computer than you have to change your computer setting and memory which is compatible for mountain lion os.

Samuel Array

Dear Friend..

Why you are ordering the Mountain Lion OS.
    There is no need to buy this,
    Simply go to your Apple Website and download its copy in your Mac Drive.

If you find that it will take lots of time then try another option.

You said that you want to update Snow leopard 10.6.8, so you can update the OS.
    You need to follow Apple website and kindly download an update from there.
    It is a paid version so you need to pay 19.99 US Dollar for this,

If you feel this is not a safe option, contact Apple Care.

Hope this helps you.
    Thanks You...

+ Reply to Thread