Unregistered

What steps to follow to save the VM which I made with Virtualbox application in Mac?

I recently did the setting up of Windows virtual machine in my Mac with the help of Virtual box after facing so many issues and right now I need to run a full recovery in my Mac and somehow I need to retain the virtual machine to use again after the recovery. So is it possible to save it somewhere as backup? What should I do for that? Kindly give me the steps to follow?

jpdmostwanted Array

Re: What steps to follow to save the VM which I made with Virtualbox application in Mac?

Hello, Guest
    It is easy to backup your VM for future use.

Just get ready an external drive with 10-20GB of free space.

Now turn off your VM and navigate to this folder. ->Users/Home/Virtual Machines/<VM name>/

[FONT=Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, Lucida Console, Liberation Mono, DejaVu Sans Mono, Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, Courier New, monospace, serif]copy all its contents.

Now you can recover your system and Install VMware in the new machine and Copy the backed up content to the same folder as you have copied last time and Then start VMware software and select open Virtual machine. Select the folder you have saved your backed up VM and it will start booting again.
    [/FONT]

Dark knight Array

Re: What steps to follow to save the VM which I made with Virtualbox application in Mac?

Hi hello ..

The steps that are to be followed to save the VM :

First of all Get an External storage device

connect it .

now navigate to Users > Home > virtual machine > Vm name

copy all its contents .

copy all the backed up content .

start VM ware and open virtual machine

select the folder i.e where you have saved all the backed up VM

Thank you..

+ Reply to Thread