Unregistered

Writing Short message in Macbook Lock screen

I just need to know if it is possible for me to write some short message in the Macbook Lock screen? Can you tell me what steps I should follow for it? Please give me the required details as this will be highly helpful for me if my Mac Book get lost or so.

Support Array

Re: Writing Short message in Macbook Lock screen

This has been thought by Apple and they do have enabled this option in Mac OS X but this feature is directly enabled from Mountain Lion before that we need to do some tweak in the command line to get it done. The short message which you can keep should be around 200 words and not more than that. To set the short message in the lock screen just follow the steps given below,

STEP 1: Open the System Preferences from the dock.
    STEP 2: Go to the Security & Privacy Preference pane and select the General Tab.
    STEP 3: Now select the option “Show a message when the screen is locked” checkbox and add your message which is needed in the below text-box and press OK.
    Now try to lock your Macbook to check if you are able to see the short message which you have set, if you are still not able to see then probably you can go for a restart and check it if you can see that again.

If still you are not able to see or you are facing some problem in setting the message in your Macbook then just drop in your query here to get the solution as soon as possible.

Amitkumar patro Array
    202,classic's Lohit apt,near C.D.R.hospital,3-6-186/2/1&2,hyderguda,Hyderabad-29

Dear friend,
    yes it is possible to write short message in the lock screen but not more than 200 words.have the following steps to do with the problem,
    system preference>security & Preference>general tab>Show a message when the screen is locked>add message>ok.
    Now you can resart your mac to see the message.

thanks.

harinder kaur Array

hii

yes you can write such a message by going to system preference then security then select general tab in showing message locked and then add your message .....

but you should restart....because if you make change to any system ....it better to restart

and also second method is using paint or ms word.....and save it in the window property as default

it also works thanku

arun.potturu Array

Dear,

For writing short message in macbook lock screen follow these steps:

Go to the system preferences option.

Then you should click the option security and preference option.

There you can click the option general.

Choose the option that show a message when a screen is locked.

Here you can add the message.

Finally click done option.

Now writing is completed successfully.

Thank you!

arunwillbe1 Array

Hi friend,

It is possible to write the short message on macbook lock screen.For done this in your macbook lock screen you need to follow the below mentioned instructions

+++ Steps to follow to write the short message in macbook lock screen :

1. First of all turn on the macbook system if it is turn off.

2. Now go to the apple menu and tap the system preferences option.

3. Here again find and tap the security and privacy option.

4. In security and privacy again find and tap the general tab.

5. Now choose the option Show a message when the screen is locked.After choosing enter the message in displayed check box.

6. Finally press the Ok option.

Now you will see the message on your macbook lock screen.

Thank you...............

+ Reply to Thread